- Lieutenant Antonio Chuchukov is a Distinguished Graduate of U.S. Army Ranger School
- Bulgaria warns Russia it could cancel MiG-29 service deal
- ALLIES BULGARIA AND USA PRACTICE AIRDROP DRILLS
- US Military Band in Plovdiv
- Bulgaria opts for more F-16Vs
- Thracian Summer 2021 military drill taking place in Bulgaria
- Bulgaria's Dronamics to partner with DHL in same-day cargo drone deliveries
- NATO ships exercise in the Black Sea
- Bulgaria: 555th FS F-16s fire munitions during Thracian Star 21
- Thracian Star 21 mission highlight
Source: scramble magazine
In November 2018, the Bulgarski Voenno Vzdushnu Sili (BVVS, Bulgarian Air Force) signed a USD 85.5 million contract for the major overhaul of fourteen Sukhoi Su-25 close air support aircraft by the 558th Aviation Repair Plant (558th ARP) at Baranovichi (Belarus).
The contract was downgraded from fourteen to eight aircraft (six single seat and two double seat). When the overhaul of the eight aircraft is completed and approved, the Bulgarian Air Force considers if they will send six more aircraft to Belarus for a major overhaul.
The first upgraded Su-25K, serial 246, arrived back at Bezmer air base on 21 September 2020. It was away for overhaul for more than a year. One day later, the second aircraft, Su-25UBK serial 002, was re-delivered. The third Sukhoi, Su-25K serial 253, arrived on 20 october 2020. All three Sukhois are wearing a splendid digital colour scheme. It is expected that all eight aircraft will receive this camouflage pattern.
For the remaining five Sukhoi Su-25s currently on overhaul with the 558th ARP, Scramble Magazine knows that Su-25K 252 is one of them and was delivered . Any information on the other four Su-25s is highly appreciated.