- Condolences from US Emabassy to the family and friends of the perished pilot Major Terziev
- Bulgaria: Identity of Missing MiG-29 Pilot Revealed
- Breaking: Bulgarian Air Force MiG-29 Crashed into the Black sea
- MiG-29 fighter crashed in the Black sea during the "Shabla 21" live-fire tactical exercise
- Ambassador James Pardew passed away
- The U.S. Army apologized after 173rd Airborne Brigade soldiers ended up storming a civilian factory building during a recent training drill in Bulgaria.
- Treasury Sanctions Influential Bulgarian Individuals and Their Expansive Networks for Engaging in Corruption
- Balkan Sentinel 21 EX in Bulgaria
- US B-52H and A Bulgarian MiG-29 Train Over Black Sea
- "Trojan Footprint-South - 2021" EX of Special Forces
Source: scramble magazine
In November 2018, the Bulgarski Voenno Vzdushnu Sili (BVVS, Bulgarian Air Force) signed a USD 85.5 million contract for the major overhaul of fourteen Sukhoi Su-25 close air support aircraft by the 558th Aviation Repair Plant (558th ARP) at Baranovichi (Belarus).
The contract was downgraded from fourteen to eight aircraft (six single seat and two double seat). When the overhaul of the eight aircraft is completed and approved, the Bulgarian Air Force considers if they will send six more aircraft to Belarus for a major overhaul.
The first upgraded Su-25K, serial 246, arrived back at Bezmer air base on 21 September 2020. It was away for overhaul for more than a year. One day later, the second aircraft, Su-25UBK serial 002, was re-delivered. The third Sukhoi, Su-25K serial 253, arrived on 20 october 2020. All three Sukhois are wearing a splendid digital colour scheme. It is expected that all eight aircraft will receive this camouflage pattern.
For the remaining five Sukhoi Su-25s currently on overhaul with the 558th ARP, Scramble Magazine knows that Su-25K 252 is one of them and was delivered . Any information on the other four Su-25s is highly appreciated.