- Condolences from US Emabassy to the family and friends of the perished pilot Major Terziev
- Bulgaria: Identity of Missing MiG-29 Pilot Revealed
- Breaking: Bulgarian Air Force MiG-29 Crashed into the Black sea
- MiG-29 fighter crashed in the Black sea during the "Shabla 21" live-fire tactical exercise
- Ambassador James Pardew passed away
- The U.S. Army apologized after 173rd Airborne Brigade soldiers ended up storming a civilian factory building during a recent training drill in Bulgaria.
- Treasury Sanctions Influential Bulgarian Individuals and Their Expansive Networks for Engaging in Corruption
- Balkan Sentinel 21 EX in Bulgaria
- US B-52H and A Bulgarian MiG-29 Train Over Black Sea
- "Trojan Footprint-South - 2021" EX of Special Forces
Source: Scramble Magazine
In November 2018, the Bulgarski Voenno Vzdushnu Sili (BVVS, Bulgarian Air Force) signed a contract for the major overhaul of fourteen Sukhoi Su-25K and Su-25UBK close air support aircraft by the 558th Aviation Repair Plant (558th) at Baranovichi (Belarus).
This contract was downgraded to eight aircraft, six single seat and two duals.
The first upgraded Su-25 was re-delivered on 21 september 2020 and the eight and final Sukhoi, Su-25K serial 254, was re-delivered on 11 February 2021.
All the Su-25s are wearing the splendid digital colour scheme.
Bulgaria Su 25K 3 320
With the re-delivery of the upgraded aircraft now finished, the Bulgarian Air Force will consider to send another six Sukhois, four Su-25K and two Su-25UBK, to Belarus for major overhaul. Overview upgraded and to be upgraded Su-25K/Su-25UBK:
Su-25K: 240, 246, 249, 252, 253 and 254
Su-25UBK: 002 and 095
To be upgraded
Su-25K: 195, 197, 230 and 255
Su-25UBK: 017 and 047