- GALLERY AND VIDEO&: THRACIAN SENTRY 2023 WITH BULGARIAN AIRFORCE
- NATO is sending F-16s to Bulgaria for the Thracian Star 2023 exercise
- Bulgarian Air Force L-39s to be modernized and overhauled
- Dutch F-16s back to Europe (and go to Bulgarian AF?)
- Interim fighters for the Bulgarian Air Force
- Spain to join NATO's enhanced Air Policing mission in Bulgaria
- Bulgaria celebrates 50 years as a spacefaring nation
- EDA’s European Spartan Exercise cleared for take-off in Bulgaria
- Breaking: Bulgarian Su-25 crashed
- Additional order for eight Bulgarian Air Force F-16 fighters approved
Implementing the decision N 207 dated from 31.03.2011 of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria on participation in NATO operation Unified Protector with a ship class frigate, a Special Operations Group included in it, Drazki Frigate will join the operational NATO Maritime Group acting to support the arms embargo against the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya in the Mediterranean Sea.
In NATO operation Unified Protector, the frigate will fulfill tasks on protection, convoying, conducting checks, deviation and/or detainment of ships in compliance with the resolutions 1970 and 1973 dated 2011 passed by the UN Security Council.
Drazki frigate will participate in the operation from 1 May 2011 to 31 May 2011. To this aim, the frigate will sail four days to the location of the operation and will return back home for the same duration of time after completing its participation in the operation.
During its participation in the operation, the Bulgarian military vessel will patrol the eastern part of the area of the operation in front of the Libyan shores. It is envisioned for the frigate to conduct patrolling for two periods of fourteen days each with a three-day break between them when the vessel will be stationed at the port of Souda on the island of Crete in order to restore its supplies and provisions. The degree of risk of the operation is determined as being low by the Defence Staff.
The total price of the frigate is approximately 1.5 million Leva. The crew consists of 160 servicemen, seven of whom are women who have participated in several missions of the Alliance with the frigate. There will be a psychologist on board of the ship. The servicemen will receive 50 per cent additional payment above their monthly remuneration, and their traveling expenses vary from 51 to 53 Euro per day depending on heir rank.
Тhe commanding officer of the frigate is Captain Pancho Panchev.