- GALLERY AND VIDEO&: THRACIAN SENTRY 2023 WITH BULGARIAN AIRFORCE
- NATO is sending F-16s to Bulgaria for the Thracian Star 2023 exercise
- Bulgarian Air Force L-39s to be modernized and overhauled
- Dutch F-16s back to Europe (and go to Bulgarian AF?)
- Interim fighters for the Bulgarian Air Force
- Spain to join NATO's enhanced Air Policing mission in Bulgaria
- Bulgaria celebrates 50 years as a spacefaring nation
- EDA’s European Spartan Exercise cleared for take-off in Bulgaria
- Breaking: Bulgarian Su-25 crashed
- Additional order for eight Bulgarian Air Force F-16 fighters approved
The unsolved issues will be discussed in the future meetings in the spirit of the good will and understanding.
The Panther helicopters will be unique for the Bulgarian Navy, which grounded the Soviet era Mi-14 Haze helicopters and currently has none to fly. The Panthers will be stationed in the Chaika air base near Varna; they are expected in September, October, and November 2011. The new helicopters can be used for reconaissance and control of aquatory, SAR, MEDEVAC, fighting illegal trafficiking, humanitarian operations.
The contract with Eurocopter was singed by former Defense Minister Nikolay Svinarov in January 2005. Under it, Bulgaria was supposed to receive 12 Cougar helicopters for the Bulgarian Air Force, and 6 Panther helicopters for the Bulgarian Navy at the price of EUR 358 M.