- Spain offers to send fighter jets to Bulgaria as part of NATO plan to deter Russia
- NETHERLANDS READY TO DEPLOY F-35 TO NATO AIR POLICING IN BULGARIA
- Netherlands ready to deploy F-35 to NATO Air Policing in Bulgaria
- Spain offers to send fighters to Bulgaria to contribute to deterrence plans against Russia
- Bulgarian-American 6-month-long military exercise starts in Novo Selo range
- Working time for the Aviation Museum during the holidays
- US Ambassador Mustafa received an Honorary Diploma from the Bulgarian National Defense College
- OPERATION FRANKTON, COCKLESHELL HEROES
- PHOTOS: F-15 and bulgarian MiG-29 - U.S., Bulgarian aircrews “ACE” Castle Forge together
- Bulgarian National And Washington State Man Charged in Connection With International Enterprise That Operated Sexually Exploitive “Child Modeling” Websites
A tactical-special certification exercise with the goal to evaluate according to CREVAL an explosive ordnance disposal platoon was conducted in the period 27 - 29 May 2020 at the grounds of the 55th Engineer Regiment in Belene. It was attended by 72 servicemen who worked with specialized equipment. The topic of the exercise was "Actions of an explosive ordnance disposal platoon in the universal system tasked to neutralize unexploded ordnance and improvised explosive devices (IED), surveillance and notification of a brigade battle group while conducting a defence operation". The leader of the exercise was the commander of the 54th Engineer Battalion, Lieutenant Colonel Nikolay Nikolaev, and the commander of the explosive ordnance disposal platoon was Senior Lieutenant Milen Sotirov.
The participants in the exercise demonstrated capabilities related to disposing of explosive ordnance. The platoon performed activities in a real situation and revealed different possibilities of how to react to threats. While performing the assigned tasks, the servicemen also demonstrated activities on medical evacuation of a wounded person.
The tactical-special exercise of the explosive ordnance disposal platoon was monitored by a commission of the Land Forces Command. The Commission checked the required documents, the individual equipment of the personnel, the readiness of the servicemen, the armament and the equipment necessary for the implementation of the tasks. The Commission evaluated as "Combat ready" the explosive ordnance disposal platoon of the 54th Engineer Battalion which is ready to perform duty in the NATO Follow-on forces to NATO Response Force (NRF-21).