- Condolences from US Emabassy to the family and friends of the perished pilot Major Terziev
- Bulgaria: Identity of Missing MiG-29 Pilot Revealed
- Breaking: Bulgarian Air Force MiG-29 Crashed into the Black sea
- MiG-29 fighter crashed in the Black sea during the "Shabla 21" live-fire tactical exercise
- Ambassador James Pardew passed away
- The U.S. Army apologized after 173rd Airborne Brigade soldiers ended up storming a civilian factory building during a recent training drill in Bulgaria.
- Treasury Sanctions Influential Bulgarian Individuals and Their Expansive Networks for Engaging in Corruption
- Balkan Sentinel 21 EX in Bulgaria
- US B-52H and A Bulgarian MiG-29 Train Over Black Sea
- "Trojan Footprint-South - 2021" EX of Special Forces
Bulgaria Decides to Start Talks with US on F-16 jet Deal
The Bulgarian government has approved a plan to start talks with the United States on buying eight new F-16 fighter jets to replace its ageing Soviet-made MiG-29s and improve compliance with NATO standards, the defence minister said on Wednesday.
The decision still requires parliament's approval. The deal for Lockheed Martin's F-16V Block 70 would be worth around 1.8 billion levs (£827 million), Bulgaria's biggest military procurement since the fall of Communist rule some 30 years ago..
Other bidders had included Sweden, with Saab's Gripen jets, and Italy, with second-hand Eurofighters.
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/bulgaria-decides-to-start-talks-with-us-on-f-16-jet-deal-11102732