- Bulgaria begins talks with Lürssen shipyard for two new warships
- Aero Vodochody sold to new joint venture
- An explosive ordnance disposal platoon of the Land Forces was evaluated as "Combat ready" to perform duty in the NATO Follow-on Force
- Bulgarian MoD wants to sell Mig-29s
- The first four Bulgarian pilots are to head to the USA for F-16 training
- Modernization projects of the Bulgarian Air Force
- Bulgaria drops quarantine for passengers from most European countries as of June 1
- Bulagarian Aviation museum at Krumovo/Plovdiv reopens on 20th of May 2020
- Russia's 9 May Victory Parade (Air) continues anyway
- Bulgaria Q1 2020 Budget surplus at 1.43B leva
If everything goes as it should, the first flight of L-39ZA Bulgarian aircrafts will be held until the end of the month, at the Training Aviation Group (TAG) Dolna Mitropolia.
"Club Wings" Magazine had a visit on April 3rd and first wrote about the return of the L-39ZA airplanes.
Currently final works are being done before the return of the airplanes in the ranks of the jet training-fighter forces.
A team of the Czech company "Aerovodohodi" together with their Bulgarian colleagues are working on 3 pieces L-39, 2 of them are in EPOVR hangar, and the third was transported to the factory "Terem - Georgi Benkovski" in Graf Ignatievo. In fact EPOVR has another L-39, which was repaired, but it will be ready for the next batch of 2 units, planned to fly in 2014. Target number of available L-39 aircrafts is 6.
According to the AirForce website: "Their return in formation became possible after several years of effort by the Air Force and members of the Training Aviation Group. As a result, in September 2012 a framework agreement was signed with the Czech company "Aerovodohodi" for processing capital-restoration works. '
Test flights with the L-39 would be performed by Czech pilots and after that by Bulgarian. According to that, in January this year Bulgarian pilots began training on simulators of L-39ZA.
The Bulgarian team of specialists
Bulgarian-Czech teamwork, which will send the L-39ZA in the air
Soon we will see them in flight