- U.S., Bulgarian aircrews “ACE” Castle Forge together
- Bulgarian National And Washington State Man Charged in Connection With International Enterprise That Operated Sexually Exploitive “Child Modeling” Websites
- Operation Castle Forge
- Strike Eagles conquer Castle Forge phase two with Bulgaria and Romania
- Strike Eagles return to Bulgaria for second forward dispersals of Castle Forge
- New regulations for the access to the Aviation Museum-Krumovo
- Operation Castle Forge comtinues to Bulgaria and Romania
- European Spartan 2021 exercise boosts C-27J interoperability
- Lieutenant Antonio Chuchukov is a Distinguished Graduate of U.S. Army Ranger School
- Bulgaria warns Russia it could cancel MiG-29 service deal
Bulgaria: Bulgaria Defense Ministry 'to Lay Off 4600' over Budget Shortfall Bulgaria's Defense Minister Nikolay Nenchev. Photo by BGNES
Defense Minister Nikolay Nenchev has said his institution will be forced to lay off 4600 military and civilian officers due to budget restrictions.
"[This is] something I wouldn't even wish to think about," the Bulgarian National Radio quotes him as saying.
Nenchev has called for an urgent update of the expenditure, especially in personnel costs.
Currently the ministry's budget for 2015 is BGN 987 M and is likely to remain that much at least until 2017.
Bulgaria's 2015 state budget was passed by lawmakers in a marathon session in Parliament in December of last year.
It did not envisage an increase in defense expenditures despite calls from President Rosen Plevneliev to set aside additional funding in line with NATO requirements.
- See more at: http://www.novinite.com/articles/166758/Bulgaria+Defense+Ministry+%27to+Lay+Off+4600%27+over+Budget+Shortfall#sthash.mq7MC61J.dpuf