- Spain offers to send fighter jets to Bulgaria as part of NATO plan to deter Russia
- NETHERLANDS READY TO DEPLOY F-35 TO NATO AIR POLICING IN BULGARIA
- Netherlands ready to deploy F-35 to NATO Air Policing in Bulgaria
- Spain offers to send fighters to Bulgaria to contribute to deterrence plans against Russia
- Bulgarian-American 6-month-long military exercise starts in Novo Selo range
- Working time for the Aviation Museum during the holidays
- US Ambassador Mustafa received an Honorary Diploma from the Bulgarian National Defense College
- OPERATION FRANKTON, COCKLESHELL HEROES
- PHOTOS: F-15 and bulgarian MiG-29 - U.S., Bulgarian aircrews “ACE” Castle Forge together
- Bulgarian National And Washington State Man Charged in Connection With International Enterprise That Operated Sexually Exploitive “Child Modeling” Websites
SOFIA, (BM) – On February 29, the Bulgarian Defense Minister Krasimir Karakachanov has issued an order to readiness Bulgarian troops to be sent in case of need on Bulgarian-Turkish border, learned BulgarianMilitary.com according the Bulgarian MoD statement.
The teams are ready to assist the Border Police in the protection of the state border in case of need.
During the day, Minister Karakachanov will carry out air and ground monitoring of the locations for possible deployment of the units of the Bulgarian Army, if their participation is required.
BulgarianMilitary.com recalls that on February 28 the Bulgarian prime Minister Boyko Borisov spoke to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan about the situation in Syria and at the Bulgarian EU external border
During the telephone call on Friday, it was clarified that “there is no direct threat to Bulgaria at this time,” said the government in Sofia.
Borissow was certain that Bulgaria and Turkey would continue to work together to “overcome the crisis in Syria and end the migration flow”.
Borissow and Erdogan had arranged a meeting for March 2.
On February 28 Bulgarian Border Police has prevented two immigrant groups from crossing the border with Turkey, about 30 people each group.
“I declare my firm determination that the army should cooperate fully and take all necessary measures to protect the state border while not allowing any illegal immigrants on the territory of Bulgaria. For this purpose the Bulgarian Army is ready to enlist up to 1000 personnel and up to 140 units of equipment.” said the Bulgarian MoD Krasimir Karakachanov.