- Bulgaria: Identity of Missing MiG-29 Pilot Revealed
- Breaking: Bulgarian Air Force MiG-29 Crashed into the Black sea
- MiG-29 fighter crashed in the Black sea during the "Shabla 21" live-fire tactical exercise
- Ambassador James Pardew passed away
- The U.S. Army apologized after 173rd Airborne Brigade soldiers ended up storming a civilian factory building during a recent training drill in Bulgaria.
- Treasury Sanctions Influential Bulgarian Individuals and Their Expansive Networks for Engaging in Corruption
- Balkan Sentinel 21 EX in Bulgaria
- US B-52H and A Bulgarian MiG-29 Train Over Black Sea
- "Trojan Footprint-South - 2021" EX of Special Forces
- Multinational PASSEX exercise
A veteran of the U.S. military, peace negotiator, and former U.S. Ambassador to Bulgaria, he will be remembered for his love of Bulgaria. Long after his tenure as Ambassador ended, he remained committed to its people and culture.
His passion for and patronage of the arts in Bulgaria are well known; he was an honorary patron of the National Opera and Ballet, and actively supported a Bulgarian children's ballet school. Bulgaria joined NATO during his tenure, and Ambassador Pardew played a vital role in laying the foundations for the current robust defense, economic, and cultural cooperation between our two countries. Until the end of his life, he remained deeply engaged with Bulgarian affairs, and followed local developments closely.
He was vocal about Bulgaria’s most important issues, and a constant advocate for the Bulgarian people’s democratic aspiration for transparency in governance and media freedom.